• build understanding of the nature of quality science teaching and learning;
• promote public understanding of the importance of inquiry-based science curriculum and appropriate content and an awareness of what young children are capable of doing and learning;
• provide opportunities for the exchange of effective strategies and quality materials for teaching science;
• identify and provide resources to AEYC Affiliates when they want to plan science-related professional development opportunities or other science-related events;
• support efforts to expand professional development opportunities for teachers and administrators; and
• establish and maintain a collaborative relationship with other professional organizations with similar goals, such as the National Science Teachers Association, the Council for Elementary Science Education, and the Association of Constructivist Teaching.
The 2016 NAEYC annual conference will be a great place to find sessions on science and engineering education. ECSIF members will be involved in these sessions:
Interest forums are open to all NAEYC members and the ECSIF values conversations with ALL--hope you will join us!